About the Activities Maze
Visit the Elton Activities Maze – a cross between a Maze, a Rustic Adventure Playground and a Wild Garden with 2.5 km of paths.
The Activities Maze
- has activities and obstacles to climb, crawl through, get around, swing on etc as well as motion sensors and water squirt boxes.
- The aim of the Activities Maze is for the whole family / group to take part in getting around the course together.
- Younger children (under 10’s) will need adult help with some of the activities in the Activities Maze, Under 5s may need more adult help.
- The Activities Maze is ideal for adventurous children and families who want a more challenging experience to allow their children to develop and to become more confident.
- Dogs are not normally allowed in the Activities Maze.
- All the activity areas in the Activities Maze can be bypassed and seating is provided in parts of the Activities Maze.
- Pushchair friendly.
Activities Maze FAQ’s
What is the The Activities Maze
It was planted in 2012 and is made of Willow and garden plants.
It has a 2,500 square metre maze area, grass paths and has 9 undercover activity areas. We installed in summer 2013 Interactive Quiz Boxes and Remote Sensor Points.
What are the Interactive Quiz Boxes?
The objective is to find the Quiz Boxes, press the Question Button, and you will receive a question with 3 possible answers, for example, Author JK Rowling was born in which Forest,
A: Forest of Arden,
B: Forest of Dean,
C: The New Forest. If you pressed Button B for the answer you would be correct and receive a code number. If you pressed the wrong answer button you get a squirt of water.
What are the Remote sensors?
These are points in the Maze which when passed, trigger a response, which can be a noise which you need to identify or on hot days, possibly a squirt of water?
What undercover activities are in the Activities Maze?
The 9 activity areas are suitable for both adults and children. Children under 10 will need adult supervision on some of them. The Activity areas are: Climbing Tower and Tunnel 2 Traversing Walls (easy and harder route) Balance and Rotating Beams Giant Spiders Web The Hamster Crawl Monkey Ropes Log Walk Gibbon Swings Stepping Stones (easy and harder route) All activities are OPTIONAL – you can bypass them!
What clothes should we wear?
Loose comfortable clothing that you don’t mind getting used and wear trainers or outdoor footwear.
How long does it take?
Most people spend 30 – 45 minutes, but then the children often go back in to repeat their favourite activities.
What other facilities do you have?
We have a cafe, picnic area (you can bring your own food and drinks), toilets, ample car parking (also well served by Bus Routes), plenty of space for running around in. There are also courtyard games that are quite unique as we have made them ourselves.
Do you undertake special events?
Yes many, please see our web site for our list of events.
Are Dogs allowed in the Activities Maze?
We allow dogs in the Courtyard area and also in our Summer seasonal Maize Mazes.
The Activities Maze itself is not suitable for dogs.
Who do I call for more information or to make a group booking?
Just e-mail us on email@example.com or call Brian on 079263 77110 or Cilla on 01452 760795